samba4 smb.conf documentation?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Fri Mar 4 14:02:38 GMT 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 02:46:46PM +0100, Michael Dr??ing wrote about 'samba4 smb.conf documentation?':
> is there any documentation on the smb.conf for samba4?
No, we haven't started on that yet. AFAIK it is still unknown whether
the traditional smb.conf file might be replaced by another format in
Samba4, so I'm not doing any documenting on it until that has been
resolved :-)

> I'm trying to hunt down an error related to directory creation (directories are shown as files on the client), and it seems that samba4 doesn't support the "directory mask" and similar options anymore.
you might want to do a "grep -r lp_ ntvfs/posix/" to see what options
the posix NTVFS backend supports.

Cheers,

Jelmer

--