Sidebar re sef-test (was smb.conf include facility)

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Tue Jun 28 17:31:34 GMT 2005

Volker Lendecke wrote:
>>	include = /etc/smb.conf.%L
> %L is information retrieved from the netbios session setup,
> which is only done if the client connects on port 139. Set 'smb ports = 139',
> and your %L will work again.
> We *might* remove the %L parameter and have people replace it with %I, the
> client's IP address.

If one were to check the smb.conf file for self-consistency,
a useful pair of tests would be
	if %L used, smb ports must include 139
	if %I used, smb ports must include <the other one>

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest