socket interface to winbindd

Alexey Toptygin alexeyt at freeshell.org
Thu Jun 23 22:21:14 GMT 2005

OK, I've played with it a bit more, and now I'm getting
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED back in response to WINBINDD_PAM_AUTH_CRAP, and
the data.auth.error_string fstring says:

winbind client not authorized to use winbindd_pam_auth_crap.  Ensure
permissions on /usr/local/samba3/var/locks/winbindd_privileged are set
correctly.

The abovementioned directory has mode 750, and it's owning group is my
primary group; changing it to 770 has no effect, and running the test as
root also results in the same error.

Can anyone tell me what I need to change?