Any comments on MinGW

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Sat Jun 11 22:26:56 GMT 2005

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 02:53:57PM -0500, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> I just stumbled across this:
>
>   http://mingw.sourceforge.net/
>
> I haven't looked at any of the code yet but it occurs to me that they may
> have figured out some interesting API information.
>
> Has anyone had any experience with this package?

It's a nice yet rough way of creating win32 applications using native
SDK calls. The big advantage is that you avoid the whole cygwin layer
and still are able to build native code using gcc-based compiler.
Also, once they got quite handy shell you can build many win32 ports of
other projects (like postgres client library, for instance).

cheers,
--
Rafal Szczesniak
Samba Team member  http://www.samba.org