Samba accessing problem

Kris Bushover kris at troublemakerstudios.com
Fri Jun 10 14:44:02 GMT 2005

What is your authentication method (ADS, server, share, user)?  If it is
ADS, can you connect to the IP rather than the FQDN?  If so, you may
have a Kerberos problem (as connecting directly to the IP will force
authentication via NTLM rather than Kerberos).  Check time skew on the
server and check to see if you can obtain a kerberos ticket (using
kinit).  We had this problem once before and it turned out to be a
problem with ntpd not syncing with our domain time server, thereby
causing a time skew.

Kris Bushover
Troublemaker Studios