Win9x cannot get Samba3 userlist while trying to create a share

Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago carlos at prognus.com.br
Thu Jun 9 12:52:01 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to migrate a NT4 Domain to a Samba3 and OpenLDAP environment. With
a Win98 machine, i can log on domain without any problem.

However, when i try to create a share, and get the user list from Samba3
Domain, Win98 says something like: "Unable to get user list. Try again later."

Using debug level 10, i can see that the user list is being retrieved from the
OpenLDAP server, but doesn't reach the windows machine.

I searched the archives and found that were some problems with "ldapsam", but
haven't find something that could help me, except this entry:

include/rpc_samr.h:#define MAX_SAM_ENTRIES_W95 50

Based on its name, is it locked on 50 entries?

My base is ~3000 users and ~1500 groups.

Any clues?

Thanks!

PS: please CC me, as i am not subscribed.

--
Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago
Analista de Suporte

Prognus Soluções Livres em TI