[Performance] Samba 3 vs. Samba 4 performance in NetBench

Kaplan, Marc marc_kaplan at adaptec.com
Thu Jun 9 01:10:41 GMT 2005

I should note that the reason I did the oplock on vs. oplock off tests
in Samba 3 is that tridge pointed out to me that Samba 4 doesn't have
oplock support yet. As you can see oplocks provide a huge performance
bump in the Samba 3 tests, and the oplock off test provides a good
baseline to compare Samba 4 against.

		-Marc

samba-technical-bounces+mkaplan=snapappliance.com at lists.samba.org