MIT Kerberos DAL reference code published

Vinayak Hegde hvinayak at novell.com
Tue Jun 7 12:32:28 GMT 2005

Jeremy,
 Thanks for the valuable suggestion.
We are already using valgrind for testing and we will fix the issues
that we encounter.

Regards,
Vinayak

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 05:51:28AM -0600, Vinayak Hegde wrote:
>Hi,
> Database plug-ability in MIT Kerberos allowing the use of external
>back-end was one of the important requirements of Samba4.
>
> I have published the MIT Kerberos Database Abstraction Layer (DAL)
code
>for reference at the following URL:
>http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfcontent/private.php/mit-krb-ldap/homepage/DAL-code/dal-2005-jun-02-src.tar.gz
>

> Your comments are welcome.
>
>PS: The code is under development and may get modified before
submitting
>to MIT Kerberos source tree.

Thanks Vinayak, looks interesting ! The only thing I'd recommend if you
haven't already done it is to run the whole KDC + DAL code under
valgrind
(http://valgrind.org/) if you haven't already done so. If you haven't
it'll
find bugs - lots of them (it does for Samba :-). Apologies if this is
already
part of your test proceedure, it's just that previous krb5 MIT releases
haven't
been valgrind-safe in the past and I wanted to make sure DAL would be
:-).

Cheers,

Jeremy.