MIT Kerberos DAL reference code published

Vinayak Hegde hvinayak at novell.com
Tue Jun 7 12:31:19 GMT 2005

Andrew,
 Sorry for the late reply. I was on leave till yesterday.

Yes, as a first step, the published code includes the files that are
pertinent to Database Abstraction Layer (DAL) code.
We are working on merging it with the current release (MIT KRB 1.4.1)
for submitting to MIT Kerberos source.
I would publish that patch soon after we have it ready.

Regards,
Vinayak

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 05:51 -0600, Vinayak Hegde wrote:
>Hi,
> Database plug-ability in MIT Kerberos allowing the use of external
>back-end was one of the important requirements of Samba4.
>
> I have published the MIT Kerberos Database Abstraction Layer (DAL)
code
>for reference at the following URL:
>http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfcontent/private.php/mit-krb-ldap/homepage/DAL-code/dal-2005-jun-02-src.tar.gz

It is good to finally see the code.  Unfortunately, I can't make much
sense of it without the MIT code, and you have it in a rather odd
format.  Is it available as a patch against a particular version of MIT
kerberos?

To be honest, I don't expect this will change the course we are set on
for Samba4 development, but it will be interesting to watch.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/