MIT Kerberos DAL reference code published

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Jun 2 18:40:32 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 05:51:28AM -0600, Vinayak Hegde wrote:
> Hi,
>  Database plug-ability in MIT Kerberos allowing the use of external
> back-end was one of the important requirements of Samba4.
>
>  I have published the MIT Kerberos Database Abstraction Layer (DAL) code
> for reference at the following URL:
> http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfcontent/private.php/mit-krb-ldap/homepage/DAL-code/dal-2005-jun-02-src.tar.gz
>

>  Your comments are welcome.
>
> PS: The code is under development and may get modified before submitting
> to MIT Kerberos source tree.

Thanks Vinayak, looks interesting ! The only thing I'd recommend if you
haven't already done it is to run the whole KDC + DAL code under valgrind
(http://valgrind.org/) if you haven't already done so. If you haven't it'll
find bugs - lots of them (it does for Samba :-). Apologies if this is already
part of your test proceedure, it's just that previous krb5 MIT releases haven't
been valgrind-safe in the past and I wanted to make sure DAL would be :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy.