web server in Samba4

Jay Fenlason fenlason at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 20:13:35 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 03:04:29PM -0500, Deryck Hodge wrote:

> I'm aware of the advantages of text browsers in keeping sites
> accessible... see my comments above.  Perhaps I wasn't clear in what I'm
> asking.
>
> Is this all people are concerned about -- accessibility?  Or are people
> trying to use a text-based SWAT as a console admin tool?  What I am
> trying to imply is that a console tool and a GUI are two different
> things and trying to design one to be the other will be a frustrating
> and/or futile exercise.

If I ssh into a machine remotely, I can use lynx to administer it much
more easily than I can start konqueror (over the ssh-link), and
without having to do the firewall recorfiguration, NAT twiddling, etc
that I might have to do to allow a remote browser to access the
machine.  If text-only browsing doesn't work, I'll probably just edit
the config files with my text-only text editor rather than try to get
graphical browsing working to use SWAT2.

			-- JF