web server in Samba4

Andrew Tridgell tridge at osdl.org
Wed Jun 1 10:01:44 GMT 2005

James,

 > One way we have done this successfully in the past is to write a PCP
 > agent to export the performance metrics.

yes, PCP is nice, and I wrote an agent for Samba2 for PCP a few years
back, but I don't want to rely on it for performance monitoring the
management interface.

I suspect we'll end up with a little monitoring framework of some sort
builtin, and then have some code to glue this to other monitoring
systems. I don't yet have a firm idea what this framework would look
like and right now it isn't a high priority for me. Maybe once we've
got the first pre-release done we can think about it.

Cheers, Tridge