usrmgr retrieves only 511 users

Donald W Watson dwatson at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 29 21:42:29 GMT 2005

I am running samba version 3.0.20rcl-SVN-build-8475 on SLES9.  I have an
NT4 domain with 5000+ users whose data has been vampired to a samba ldap
backend on the SLES9 machine.

With the NT4 domain active and the samba domain inactive, joining the
domain on Windows2003 using "usrmgr.exe->User->Select Domain" shows all
5000+ users; however, with the samba domain active and the NT4 domain
inactive, the same command shows only 511 users.  When I debug the samba
code, it appears that there are insufficient calls (4) to
pdb_search_entries to retrieve all the users.  Can anyone comment?

Sincerely,    Don Watson
Linux Technology and Solutions; Beaverton, OR
503-578-4861/TL: 775-4861; dwatson at us.ibm.com