[2.6 patch] let CIFS_EXPERIMENTAL depend on EXPERIMENTAL

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 22 19:02:41 GMT 2005

My worry would be that making CIFS_EXPERIMENTAL require EXPERIMENTAL would
make the cifs build flag less granular and harder to use it for some
obvious cases.

For example, currently I am testing some cifs performance optimization code
inside the CIFS_EXPERIMENTAL #ifdef - if this testing also required turning
on another kernel ifdef it would be harder to build the modules so we would
just measure the effect of the cifs performance change but not the other
changes turned on by the experimental flag.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com