ejs name space

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Jul 17 13:56:30 GMT 2005

Hi,

tridge at samba.org wrote:

>We need to work out some namespace issues in ejs. For example, you
>have created functions mkdir(), rmdir() etc that actually do SMB
>operations, and I have created sys_unlink() that does a unlink() call
>on the local filesystem. That could quickly get confusing for people
>writing js code :-)

I'm not sure how similar JavaScript is supposed to be to "real" java,
but how about supporting packages? I.e. one could import a certain
namespace, say Samba.LDB and then create an LDB connection:

import Samba.LDB;

foo = new Connection("tdb://foo");

or

even

foo = new Samba.LDB.Connection("tdb://foo")

Cheers,

Jelmer