svn commit: samba r8111 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: include libcli/raw libcli/util

Andrew Tridgell tridge at osdl.org
Mon Jul 4 06:34:24 GMT 2005

Andrew,

 > Why only when disabled in the smb.conf?  Why not always, given that an
 > arbitrary server might not support NTSTATUS codes on the wire?

if we always did this mapped comparison then we would not be able to
tell when we should be forcing a DOS error code, even when NT status
codes are negotiated.

Ideally we would do the mapped comparison only if the negotiation for
the current connection ended up without nt status code support. But if
you use grep a bit, you'll see that adding the connection structure to
every place we do NT_STATUS_EQUAL() is a massively intrusvive change,
and all to support ancient servers.

So I punted, and only do the mapped comparison when we have explicitly
disabled nt status codes, either using --option or smb.conf. That
allows us to test all cases, which is what the test suite is for,
while not rewriting it all to cover this one corner case :-)

Cheers, Tridge