wins.dat and non-ASCII netbios names

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Thu Jan 27 21:07:22 GMT 2005

 --- "Christopher R. Hertel" <crh at ubiqx.mn.org> wrote:

> I'd love to see something more hierarchical and,
> particularly, something
> that enforces the relationships between parameters.

  I once proposed a set of patches that introduced
internal consistancy testing, but it never went too
far. This might be a good time to look at
the problem once more.
  However, there is a mismatch between the purpose
of a TDB and that of a configuration file. A tdb
that implemented structure, annotation and commentary
wouldn't be trivial.

--dave

=====