trust account pw code in trunk

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Mon Jan 24 22:32:08 GMT 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 04:13:00PM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Mimir,
>
> I hate to say this, but I can't work with net rpc vampire
> in trunk because of the trust pw changes.  It is impossible
> to join a domain using rpc_join_oldstyle().

Really ? It shouldn't make any difference. I'll have a look.

> How well tested is this code?

Not very well, unfortunatelly :( I use trunk everyday and tried various
combinations of trusts using vmware, but that's all I know about. After
commiting I said it's available to play with, but it's hard to expect
all people doing this immediately.

> Here's my proposal:
>
> I think that this should be removed from the passdb API and
> handled via SAM replication.

You mean purely native SAM replication or Samba LDAP-based SAM
replication ?

> If we want to store it in LDAP,
> then we can store it in the sambaDomain object.

It is stored in this object. Well, actually under it, and I suspect you
mean multi-value binary field or sth.

Does that mean we're skipping Volker's proposed approach or getting
closer to it (refer to question about replication) ?

> Are you ok with this ?

My heart is bleeding about the code ;)  but go ahead if we want
to simplify this solution. And we do want to simplify it...

> For now I'll have to go back working in the 3.0 tree.

Sorry.

cheers,
--
Rafal Szczesniak