Sidebar re configuration (was Re: PAC Sucess!)

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 31 12:44:28 GMT 2005

tridge at samba.org wrote:
> possibly the worst part of Samba4 at the moment is the
> configuration. That's why I've been putting in so much effort to build
> up the infrastructure for the web management tool (which Deryck has
> now been using to great effect).

 If you don't mind me suggesting an additional requirement (;-))
it would be good if there were a function that could check
parameters to see if adding them to the existing environment
would complete successfully or whether they are overridden by
another, existing, parameter setting...

  Right now we check shares rather lightly and rarely diagnose
contradictions like
	"in 'security=domain' mode the 'encrypt passwords'
	parameter must always be set to 'true'.\n"
I know of about 14 others testable errors  of this sort, and
would like to be able to contibute sanity-checking to Samba 4
in my Copious Spare Time.

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest