current release patch page

Lars Müller lmuelle at SuSE.de
Mon Aug 29 18:09:56 GMT 2005

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 03:24:34PM -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:

> We are staring a "current release recommended patches" page.
> The mirrors should update shortly.
>
> 	http://www.samba.org/samba/patches/
>
> The idea is to help reduce the duplicate bug reports
> and emails about known issues with the current release
> and give us a little more breathing room while working
> on the next release.

Very nice.

I would suggest to add a series file which allows people to use the
quilt tool[1] to apply all patches in one run.

This file should look atm like:

	groupname_enumeration_v3.patch
	bug3010_v1.patch

If the patch isn't applied with -p1 add -pnum after the patch filename.

Andreas Gruenbacher has written a document[2] about 'How To Survive With
Many Patches Introduction to Quilt'.  We survived Kernel 2.4 with it.

I've added http://www.samba.org/samba/patches/fetch-patches and a series
file to the location.

Download fetch-patches to your ~/bin/ dir and then:

tar xfj samba-3.0.x.tar.gz
cd samba-3.0.x
./bin/fetch-patches
quilt push -a