make test

Don Watson dwwatson at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 24 14:18:31 GMT 2005

Hi Jerry,

I am running Samba 3.0.21pre1-SVN-build-9225, and trying "make test".  This
results in "tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME".

In the scripts, TMPDIR is used to set the test share location
(<my_build_location>/source/t_dir/tmp) in smb.conf.  However, the environment
variable TMPDIR is used for other purposes within smbd including, I think,
the $IPC share location.  Even though I am running as root, and
<my_build_location>/source/t_dir/tmp's permissions are set to drwxr-xr-x and
its owner is root, smbd apparently cannot access it.

If, before starting smbd in t_001.sh, I reset TMPDIR to /tmp, everything runs
fine.

If there wasn't an explicit reason to set TMPDIR to the same directory as the
share, attached is a suggested patch.

--
Don Watson