winbindd in trunk problem on RHEL4

Tue Aug 23 07:16:24 GMT 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 12:02:09AM -0400, Marcin Porwit wrote:
> I'm trying to debug a problem with winbindd on trunk in RHEL4, where
> some queries run against winbindd hang indefinitely.

There have been heavy changes in there that I did not yet fully debug. I've
been distracted to other things due to customer demand, so that part in trunk
is not really finished. I might remove it again and re-install it when I have
more time to really debug it. In the meantime you might want to copy across
winbind from branches/SAMBA_3_0.

But debug level 10 logs and a sniff might give me a quick hint what is going
wrong here.

BTW, I'm only really worried if this also happens with the released 3.0.20. Do
you see the problem there as well?

Volker