New release of ngacl

Christoph Klein christophk at cip.wiwi.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Aug 19 12:28:23 GMT 2005

Hi there,
though it seems to me, that interest is little for my tiny project, i
try once again to gain some attention.
Following your list, i had the impression, that development of ntacl-lsm accellerated last weeks. So me too i had spend some more time on my lsm.
I still think, it would be useful to throw our lsms togeteher, though up to now nobody could explain to me, what the advanteges of storing full nt-secdescs are.
They have to be converted every time they are used, and this process doenst
seem to be simple. I think one of the principles of kernel development
is, to do just a few, minor things in kernelspace and everything that
can be done within userpace should be done in userspace. The second
point is, that i dont see, how you want to resolve SIDs within the
kernel?
So back to my developments: The newest verion is avaiable from
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ngacl/ngacl-snapshot-190805.tar.gz?download
I hope the readme does now fully cover the installation process. Feel
free to ask questions and send in bug reports or (even better) some
patches.

Chris