deleting a machine account from a domain.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Aug 16 05:41:08 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 06:34 +0100, vira gc wrote:
> Hi,
>   Thanks for the reply. I am looking for RPC APIs to
> do the same job. I need to delete existing machine
> account   using those APIs from inside a program.
>   I went through the 'net' utility implementaion. I
> could see only ADS leave and no RPC leave or delete as
> far as machine account is considered.

Did you not understand my earlier point?  The 'leave' is just a delete,
with the exception that in 'net ads leave', it attempts to use the
permission given at join time to delete itself.  In any case, the
underlying operation you want is a delete (by LDAP or RPC, it doesn't
matter) of machinename$ from the DC.

>   If there are no RPC APIs then what is the best way
> to delete the already existing machine account. Can we
> use LDAP API's to delete?

That is what the 'net ads leave' does.  In both cases, these utilities
back onto C code (what else!), and you could in theory call that code
from your custom utility that linked with Samba.