net ads testjoin issue after date change on the server!

Ephi Dror ephi at agami.com
Mon Aug 15 19:19:18 GMT 2005

Hi Jeremy,

Here are more info:

1. Changing date to any date in the past (30 years or so..) or any date
within this year, it works fine.
2. Changing date to next year (2006  and up) causing the problem.
3. It takes about 5 minutes until segmentation fault shows up. During
that time, the entire server behaves very slow, VmData increases and
increases until it reaches about 4054368K and then segmentation fault
happened.
4. Control-C doesn't help

Here is the last snapshot I took while running "net ads testjoin"
[root at h-00d06806ef33 root]# grep Vm /proc/22270/status
VmSize:  4062716 kB
VmLck:         0 kB
VmRSS:   2013176 kB
VmData:  4054368 kB
VmStk:       144 kB
VmExe:      1984 kB
VmLib:      5948 kB

Watching memory sizes was showing that VmSize and VmData were increasing
slowly while VmRSS stayed at about the same.

Hope this info could help solving this issue.

Cheers,
Ephi