Problem when username contains "@"

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 10 22:12:45 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 12:52 +0200, Sebastian Sawicki wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have samba instalation with pdbpgsql and my user names format is
> 'user at domain.com'
> Everythings works fine but I have problem with passwd changing support.
> When user log into domain as a01 at domain.com and try change password
> (ctrl+alt+del ->change password)
> windows (probably) send username without '@domain.com':

Active Directory uses that kind of username, and the client is dealing
with it.  To the extent that this form of username is working in Samba
at all, this is an accident, and we may break this format in future, as
we work to support transparent pass-though of AD logins.

I would strongly advise against using that form of username in Samba
3.0.