AIX and aio

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 4 19:28:14 GMT 2005

AIX does something really great in aio.h and sys/aio.h:  #define
aio_error(h)    ((h)->aio_errno)

As a result, macros such as SMB_VFS_NEXT_AIO_ERROR() fail, because the
function pointer member of the vfs structure is named aio_error, and it
takes 3 parms.  It seems we either need to change that member name, or not
use aio on aix...

Also, I noticed in vfs_macros.h, all the opaque aio macros use the handle
from aio_read, which looks like a cut/paste error, as such...it continues
through the whole section.
#define SMB_VFS_OPAQUE_AIO_READ(fsp,aiocb)
((fsp)->conn->vfs_opaque.ops.aio_read((fsp)->conn->vfs_opaque.handles.aio_read,(fsp),(aiocb)))
#define SMB_VFS_OPAQUE_AIO_WRITE(fsp,aiocb)
((fsp)->conn->vfs_opaque.ops.aio_write((fsp)->conn->vfs_opaque.handles.aio_read,(fsp),(aiocb)))

I'm assuming that was just cut/paste, but someone who knows what they're
doing should probably check it.

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center