svn commit: samba r6403 - in trunk/source: . include registry utils

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Thu Apr 21 07:22:43 GMT 2005

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 11:54:45AM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 03:45:25PM +0000, jerry at samba.org wrote:
> > > Author: jerry
> > > Date: 2005-04-20 15:45:25 +0000 (Wed, 20 Apr 2005)
> > > New Revision: 6403
> > >
> > > WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=6403
> > >
> > > Log:
> > > start basis of NT Registry File I/O library (yes, i know about the code in editreg.c)
> > In fact, editreg.c code is broken for a long time so new implementation is
> > really welcome as the old one had also 'standalone' mode which led to
> > duplication of a number of key structures from Samba code and was
> > intermixed so that it became hard to separate it cleanly -- I started to
> > clean up it last week and dropped it shortly. :-(
>
> What do you mean :-)
I mean that editreg.c is broken on Linux systems and it is even remarked
in different spec files people use to build RPMs for samba so everybody
tend to just comment its build off.

So I tried to fix that but dropped off quickly because it was a nightmare
to separate structures' declarations all intermixed with editreg's own
definitions and variables. And then Jerry came in with this rewrite so I
dropped the effort.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Samba Team                      http://www.samba.org/