why do we log this error from testparm ?

Luke Mewburn luke at mewburn.net
Tue Apr 12 01:05:16 GMT 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 05:57:32PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
  | 'winbind separator = +' might cause problems with group membership.
  |
  | ?  This seems bogus to me.

Maybe it might cause problems with sites that use MTAs that treat names
of the form 'foo+bar' as a special address of the user 'foo'.
E.g, the postfix default recipient_delimiter in /etc/postfix/main.cf:
	recipient_delimiter = +

(On my systems I use "recipient_delimiter = -", so the testparm
warning is a moot point for me.)

What if the warning was expanded to elaborate on this potential
conflict between winbind & a common MTA configuration ?

Of course; the person who added the warning may have more background
on why it was done; is there any info in the repository about who
added the warnign and why ?

Cheers,
Luke.