why do we log this error from testparm ?

Tue Apr 12 03:48:54 GMT 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 11:21:25AM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:
>   | I don't know whether this is still true ..
>
> Unless glibc had a widely divergent implementation of the '+' NIS
> compat support in /etc/passwd & /etc/group from other systems,
> I doubt it was ever a problem.

I don't remember the exact bug I've come across, but that comment was from me.
And yes, it has actually caused me problems with certain versions of glibc. At
that time it was a clear bug in glibc that I only found after digging in their
sources.

But some of my customers nowadays run with + for quite a while now and have no
problems. So from my side I would not mind removing that remark.

Volker