Which Samba - 3.0.x, 3.2 or 4.0?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Oct 21 02:01:49 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 11:30, Arup Biswas wrote:
> Tridge,
>
> Thanks a lot for your time in replying to my question.
> This would definitely encourage me to take a deeper
> look at Samba4. I am sure I will have more questions
> when I delve more into it. Just a short one for now - is
> the Kerberos authentication part functional now?

It is actually - I had WinXP using Kerberos to a Samba4 DC, in the
domain join.  Now, that didn't finish for other reasons, but it showed
the Kerberos side up and going.

In the short-term I've been tasked with getting this code going in the
domain member case, so there should be some nice 'easy to demonstrate'
cases soon.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at samba.org
Authentication Developer, Samba Team            http://samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net