Samba 4 Status Question

David Barth dbarth at idealx.com
Mon Oct 18 09:49:50 GMT 2004

K Cody wrote:

>May I suggest killing several birds with one stone, and making a common
>web interface specifically for simplifying account management. IIRC
>Windows password changes use a one-way cipher before sending it over the
>wire? Using a direct web interface gets the cleartext password in the
>hands of the server-side code, and thus can be applied to any type of
>auth database.

<shameless-plug-mode>
Then, you might be interested in the IMC/SambaConsole project : we
already have a decent web interface for dealing with account management.
Moreover, the framework (both IMC and UserManager2 which deals with LDAP
accounts) are meant to be extensible. http://www.idealx.org/prj/imc/ for
more infos.
<shameless-plug-mode>

--