[Retry] Printed jobs stay in GUI forever
mz at seh.de
Mon Oct 11 09:34:20 GMT 2004
As mentioned before in the samba-list, the last job stays in the gui's job
list for ever (Samba 3.0.7 and 3.0.8pre1).
Hitting F5 solves the problem as a workaround.
1. The network trace shows, that only ONE RRPCN request is sent to the client,
when the job is spooled (JOB_STATUS_SPOOLING etc.).
2. The code shows, that another message is generated after the job is printed
(JOB_STATUS_DELETED | JOB_STATUS_DELETING).
This message never reaches the client.
3. The 2nd message is generated and queued by the background daemon. The first
is generated by the "original" daemon.
4. It looks, like the notify messages generated by the background daemon are
5. I added in the "printing.c - start_background_queue()" - loop:
after the pause() - call.
Now the messages reach the client and the job disappears wo. hitting F5.
Again, I can't verify, if this might cause other problems.
Any comments about this?
Thanks in advance,
Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
SEH Computertechnik GmbH www.seh.de
More information about the samba-technical