Perl bindings for libsmbclient

David Barth dbarth at idealx.com
Mon Oct 11 17:43:12 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'd like to develop Perl bindings for libsmbclient, and would like some
advice from the list.

Apparently, there is something for Python but no such thing exists for Perl.
Is there an interest among list members for such a project ? raise you
hand if you want to help ;-)
Are there specific design or implementation requirements ? Like : static
vs dynamic binding, public interfaces vs some interfaces or structures
you consider private to some parts of the samba programs, libsmclient in
the samba3 or samba3 branch ?

More specifically, I'm trying to improve integration with the new Samba
Console project we're starting. You can see the first release at
http://www.idealx.org/prj/imc/
I need to act as a client for some monitoring functions (list the
shares, see the status). But it also seems I should talk to functions
specific to the 'net' command for administrative operations : it's not
clear to me how libsmbclient and net are related : apparently net is not
linked to libsmbclient : is it historical or on purpose ?

Thanks

--
David Barth                | Le 19 octobre dès 9h00 au Bristol,
Responsable du Département | présentation des enjeux de l'indus

Inscription: http://www.idealx.com/resources/seminars.fr.html