svn commit: samba r2839 - in trunk/source/passdb: .

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Oct 7 21:31:40 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 23:37, mimir at samba.org wrote:
> Author: mimir
> Date: 2004-10-07 13:37:10 +0000 (Thu, 07 Oct 2004)
> New Revision: 2839
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/websvn/changeset.php?rep=samba&path=/trunk/source/passdb&rev=2839&nolog=1
>
> Log:
> Big patch. Switch from secrets_* functions to new trust passwords
> api integrated with passdb interface.

It's certainly a bigger patch than I expected for this problem space!

> - use proper sambaDomainName object depending on security mode

get_global_sam_name() is the right function for this, I think.

The only thing I'm worried about is:
 - Where do a PDC and BDCs store their trust account passwords, for
their own domain?  We don't want them to clash in LDAP...

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at samba.org
Authentication Developer, Samba Team            http://samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net