svn commit: samba r2839 - in trunk/source/passdb: .

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Sat Oct 9 17:25:32 GMT 2004

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 07:31:40AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 23:37, mimir at samba.org wrote:
> > Author: mimir
> > Date: 2004-10-07 13:37:10 +0000 (Thu, 07 Oct 2004)
> > New Revision: 2839
> >
> > WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/websvn/changeset.php?rep=samba&path=/trunk/source/passdb&rev=2839&nolog=1
> >
> > Log:
> > Big patch. Switch from secrets_* functions to new trust passwords
> > api integrated with passdb interface.
>
> It's certainly a bigger patch than I expected for this problem space!

I found it quite big when I wanted to solve the problem in a proper way,
I think. Besides, it's not the whole patch. Look at my previous commits
with passdb api functions handling trust password.

> > - use proper sambaDomainName object depending on security mode
>
> get_global_sam_name() is the right function for this, I think.

Thanks for pointing it out.

> The only thing I'm worried about is:
>  - Where do a PDC and BDCs store their trust account passwords, for
> their own domain?  We don't want them to clash in LDAP...

Well, we could also put them under proper LDAP objects, just like it
happens in case of security = domain. This code isn't yet ready to be
merged into samba3, so anything is possible.

cheers,
--
Rafal Szczesniak
Samba Team member  http://www.samba.org