could not initialize lsa pipe

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Oct 5 22:40:23 GMT 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 10:57:05AM -0700, David Wuertele wrote:
:
> My question is about the section between the #ifdef WTF_IS_LSA and the
> #endif.  The question is, WTF is LSA, and why does net initialize it?
> Is this necessary to enumerate a server's shares?

If memory serves, LSA is Local Security Authority.  I think it's described
in Luke Leighton's book, to some extent.

Note that what you're working on is the MS-RPC version of share
enumeration.  The RAP (older protocol) version is much simpler but it
cannot return share names that are longer than 12 bytes.

Info on the RAP call (NetShareEnum()) can be found here:
  http://ubiqx.org/cifs/Browsing.html#BRO.4.3.3

Doubt that's much help but it's all I've got just now...  :)

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org