New developer.

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Thu Nov 25 11:13:13 GMT 2004

> On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 22:02, Lars Roland wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I am a new developer in the samba community I have an Mc. in
>> Mathematics and Computer science and consider myself a skilled
>> developer. I have checked the samba 4 branch out, and would like to
>> start development here (it seams to me that there is much more fun to
>> do in the 4 branch than in the old one). So if somone more skilled
>> than me could point me to areas that are newbie friendly then I would
>> be happy.

Hi Lars,

for a start maybe looking at the srvsvc and wkssvc rpc pipe would be good
the most functions are already decoded in ethereal and samba3 and we need
to complete the idl files in samba4 and add torture tests for all cases

and as simo already said joining the #samba-technical channel would be
very good...

--
metze

Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba dot org>