New developer.

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Thu Nov 25 08:55:56 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 22:02, Lars Roland wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I am a new developer in the samba community I have an Mc. in
> Mathematics and Computer science and consider myself a skilled
> developer. I have checked the samba 4 branch out, and would like to
> start development here (it seams to me that there is much more fun to
> do in the 4 branch than in the old one). So if somone more skilled
> than me could point me to areas that are newbie friendly then I would
> be happy.

To answer this question I think one need to know what are your areas of
interest and in what areas have you worked before.

There's a lot to do in samba4, not only we rewrote lot of the foundation
code and changed the samba internal architecture, but we also broadened
our field of action as a consequence of our goal to provide a competible
AD replacement.

I would advice you to read carefully the prog_guide.txt and
talloc_guide.txt files at the root of the tree and our other developer
docs. And if you like the mean, come to irc on
freenode.net#samba-techincal where you can talk directly with other
developers.

Simo.
Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org
Samba Team    -  http://www.samba.org