Samba Ldap with multipasswords

4N1M4N3GR4 animanegra at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 12:18:38 GMT 2004

Hello!!

I'm trying to implement the option to make SAMBA to use multipassword
when runs with LDAP.

I have been walking around the source code and i have some problems.

I have changed in "/passdb/pdb_ldap.c" the function
"init_sam_from_ldap". I have called from it to function
"get_multiple_attributes" to get the "LMPassword" and the
"NTPassword".

I have add in "/lib/smbldap.c" a funtion similar to
"smbldap_get_single_attribute" called "smbldap_get_multiple_attribute"
who returns all values from an attribute.

Now i wan't to put into the "SAM_ACCOUNT" structure only the correct
password. I think changing the structure to allow storing various
passwords isn't the correct way. The problem is that i don't know how
to get the user's password to validate the password. I haven't found
any function to do this.

Anybody can help me, give me any documentation to read or got any
other way to do?

Thanks in advance