[patch] Multiple daemons on one machine with the same PIDDIR

Lars MÜLLER lmuelle at SuSE.de
Wed Nov 17 19:14:33 GMT 2004

Hi,

if you use multiple daemons on one machine you have currently to set
'pid directory' to a different dir than PIDDIR was at compile time.
This limitation is a result of pidfile_create() as it always only uses
the program name (smbd, nmbd, winbind, ...) to build the pidFileName.

https://bugzilla.samba.org/attachment.cgi?id=780&action=view uses
PIDDIR/prog_name.pid if we start a daemon with the default config file.
If we use for example /etc/samba/nuernberg.conf,
PIDDIR/prog_name-nuernberg.conf.pid is used instead.

Patch compiles and works.

BTW I hope it's ok just to refer to the attachment of bugzilla.  I try
to ensure that we don't lost anything.

Lars
--
Lars MÜLLER [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]