Windows port of Samba 4 branch

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 15:38:01 GMT 2004

Hello,

--- "Stefan (metze) Metzmacher" <metze at samba.org> wrote:
> - I would like to see the actuall diff output, to see what build
> configure changes are needed
>    for this.

Right now there is no diff other than what I and Elrond added to
Samba-Tng when I started looking in to this project. I am starting from
scratch and trying to figure out the best way to go about the port.

There are a few issues that need to be addressed before I can even
start to tackle the code.

1. Perl on MSYS sucks. I am having some issues with the IDL compiler so
I have been generating the headers and ndr stuff using cygwin. Really
what would be nice would be if the Samba *.idl files could be compiled
with MIDL and WIDL as ReactOS will end up using the IDL compiler from
WINE.

2. At least in Samba-TNG there was a major issue with structures and
defines being defined more than once due to the nature of the Samba
headers. Its going to require a bit of restructure to make it work with
the Windows headers.

> - I like this idea:-)

Cool.

Thanks