SMB Client Modifications

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Fri Nov 5 18:19:57 GMT 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Noah Korba wrote:

> I've made some modifications to the smbclient (compiles as
> "xsmbclient"), that produces pipe-seperated responses which makes it
> easier for a wrapping script to parse information coming from the
> smbclient. I was told that I need to inform the SMB developers about
> any changes I make to the SMB project, due to the license the SMB
> project uses. Is there anyone I need to contact, or does posting to
> this list get the message out to those who need to know?

Well, as Chris Hertel says, you don't need to send us anything.

However, your changes might be very useful for other people, so could you
send us a unified diff of the changes (diff -u) so we can see what they
are. We might be interested in adding them to the existing smbclient with
a switch to turn them on.

Also, please let us know what version you started with.

Regards
-----