bug 1315 related problems with 3.0.4 and patches

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Wed May 26 13:50:25 GMT 2004

I had a similar problem in a big installation.
Some XP's were working fine, while others had a variable number of
services crashing IF the network cable were attached at boot time and
for the time XP needs to load al libraries/services under the login
screen.

Turned out to be a bug in samba coupled with a misconfiguration.

I had a wrong configuration for group mapping of wellknown domain
groups, basically I forgot to put some attributes in the ldap tree and
some query failed unespectedly. This coupled with a problem in the samr
pipe for group enumeration when no groups are found made some XP's go
nuts.

I thought of a possible fix for this but it is not easy, and it only
show up on wrong configurations afaik.

Hope this helps.
Simo.

Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org