What libraries libsmbclient needs to be linked to?

Timur I. Bakeyev timur at com.bat.ru
Fri May 14 10:34:42 GMT 2004

Hi all!

Quite silly question:

I'm trying to (re)make a separate package for
libsmbclient, so it can be installed in the system without
server part of the samba. The thing is, that if you have
Kerberos and LDAP libraries in the system, they'll be
linked against libsmbclient.

My question is - is it really necessary? Does libsmbclient
part actuall use LDAP and Kerberos for it's client
functions or it's just relict of linking them against the
server part? I.e. would the functionality of libsmbclient
be truncated, if  not to link against this libraries :)?
The same question applies to samba-python :)

With regards,
Timur Bakeyev.