i18n question.

Shiro Yamada shiro at miraclelinux.com
Fri Mar 5 10:34:32 GMT 2004

Hello there,

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 06:28:23PM +0900, Shiro Yamada wrote:
>
>>Anyhow, we'll do the test for you, please let us know when its ready.
>

> Ok, bothe SAMBA_3_0 and HEAD CVS have the changes in. It should not
> break any existing paths. Things to try are mb pathnames where the
> second byte is a '\\' character - we should correctly cope with
> this.
>
> Jeremy.

Can I ask you a question here?
What do you mean by a path name here, a share name or a directory name?

If it is a share name, then no it is not working, smbd still fails to
find the valid share in smbd/service.c:find_service().
If it is a directory name, then we've never had a problem and we can
access to it without a problem.

One thing I've realised is that when Windows client access to a share
and a user attempts to make a new file from right click menu and choose
"create new" "text file", it no longer queries for a file name, it just
creates a new file with name "new txt file" or what ever you call it.

I'll spend some more time on the next week to do further testing.

Regards,
Shiro