Windows WMI (over DCE/RPC) with Samba?

Jean-Baptiste Marchand Jean-Baptiste.Marchand at hsc.fr
Thu Mar 4 13:20:42 GMT 2004

* Stefan (metze) Metzmacher <metze at samba.org> [01/01/70 - 01:00]:

> We have a new DCERPC infastructure in samba4 , there we only need to
> specify a IDL file and the C code will be autogenerated by a IDL-Compiler.
>
> It would be cool if you could help us to write a WMI.idl file,
> (and maybe some others!:-)
> and torture tests for this interface...

Unfortunately, adding WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) support
is not as simple as writing an IDL file :(

WMI is based on (D)COM and thus, we would need a (D)COM implementation
first.

As for WMI itself (Microsoft implementation of the CIM (Common
Information Model) standard), there is the OpenWBEM project:

	http://openwbem.sourceforge.net/

Jean-Baptiste Marchand
Jean-Baptiste.Marchand at hsc.fr
HSC - http://www.hsc.fr/