build failure solaris9x86 with Studio9 (forte)

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Sat Jun 26 13:08:53 GMT 2004

I am setup as follows:
CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc
CFLAGS=-fast -xO2 -xtarget=pentium4
CXX=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC
INSTALL=/usr/ucb/install

I untarred 3.0.4 and cd into source and simply ran ./configure with no
arguments. It configured fine and then started to build, but failed:

Compiling tdb/tdbutil.c with -KPIC
"tdb/tdbutil.c", line 46: warning: assignment type mismatch:
         pointer to char "=" pointer to const char
"tdb/tdbutil.c", line 60: warning: argument #1 is incompatible with prototype:
         prototype: pointer to int : "include/../tdb/tdb.h", line 137
         argument : pointer to volatile int
Compiling tdb/tdbback.c with -KPIC
Compiling lib/module.c with -KPIC
Compiling lib/ldap_escape.c with -KPIC
Compiling lib/privileges.c with -KPIC
Compiling lib/secdesc.c with -KPIC
Compiling lib/secace.c with -KPIC
Compiling lib/secacl.c with -KPIC
Compiling lib/dummysmbd.c with -KPIC
Compiling libads/kerberos.c with -KPIC
Compiling libads/ads_status.c with -KPIC
Linking nsswitch/libnss_wins.so
ld: fatal: file dynconfig.po.o: open failed: No such file or directory
ld: fatal: file lib/version.po.o: open failed: No such file or directory
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to nsswitch/libnss_wins.so
make: *** [nsswitch/libnss_wins.so] Error 1
#

I can build this fine with GCC 3.4.0, and wondering what I have to do to
make it work with the Sun cc compiler?

thanks in advance!

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA