Can't create machine account s with pbedit.

Guy Roussin guy.roussin_NOSPAM_ at teledetection.fr
Wed Jun 23 09:24:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I use Samba 3.0.4, OpenLdap 2.1.23 (debian sarge i386)
and i can't authenticate worstation on my domain.

# ldapdelete -x -W -D 'cn=admin,dc=mtd,dc=fr' uid=w2ktest$,ou=Computers,dc=mtd,dc=fr

# smbldap-useradd -w w2ktest

# ldapsearch -LLL -x -b "dc=mtd,dc=fr" uid=w2ktest$
dn: uid=w2ktest$,ou=Computers,dc=mtd,dc=fr
objectClass: top
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
cn: w2ktest$
sn: w2ktest$
uid: w2ktest$
uidNumber: 4002
gidNumber: 553
homeDirectory: /dev/null
loginShell: /bin/false

# pdbedit -a -m -u w2ktest
ldapsam_modify_entry: Failed to modify user dn= uid=w2ktest$,ou=Computers,dc=mtd,dc=fr
with: Object class violation
         object class 'sambaSamAccount' requires attribute 'sambaSID'
ldapsam_add_sam_account: failed to modify/add user with uid = w2ktest$ (dn =
uid=w2ktest$,ou=Computers,dc=mtd,dc=fr)
Unable to add machine! (does it already exist?)

I suppose pdbedit try to add objectClass sambaSamAccount to uid=w2ktest$ but
it can't ? why ?

Thank you.

--
Guy Roussin