Server side printer drivers

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Tue Jun 22 08:21:31 GMT 2004

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 06:54:41AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Tom,
>
> local printers are available for all users on a system.
> Printer connections (to network printers) are stored
> in the per user profile.

Normally, yes...  But if Administrator (the user named Administrator,
apparently not just someone in Domain Admins) adds the printer
connection (to a network printer), it is then visible to all users.

What I want is that if a Domain Admin adds a printer (connection to a
network printer), it will behave just as if Administrator does it, and
be available to all users.

> There is a policy in XP that will allow/disallow users
> from install printer drivers.  You might need to look
> at that as well.

Nothing to do with printer drivers - they reside on the server, and if
not, they come installed with Windows.

> cheers, jerry

  Thanks,
  -- Tom

--
  Tom Alsberg - hacker (being the best description fitting this space)
  Web page:	http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~alsbergt/